Saturday, March 27, 2004

Calgary Open Report - Women's Epee - Saturday 27 March 2004

There were 19 women registered in the event today, and I ended up in one of the pools of seven. We ran two pistes, thankfully, so I managed to stay pretty warm throughout. It was not an easy pool, but it wasn't too terrible either. Out of six matches, I won two (5-2, 5-1), lost four (5-1, 5-2, 5-4, 5-4). I placed 13th out of the pools, which meant that, for the first time ever, in any weapon, I got a by! Yay! I fenced my DE against Jackie Geller, who came out 4th. I've beat her before in the pools, so I knew a little of how she fenced. I did not, of course, expect to win, and I didn't. However, I pushed the match to the second period, and lost by a score of 15-12. Next year, I will be able to beat her. So, all told, I'm extremely happy with the way I fenced today.

Final result: 13th of 19 in WE for the Calgary Open

0 comments:

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008